Alleged food poisoning in Tejas Express 22120 railway-news
New Delhi: In Tejas Express (train no. 22120) alleged food poisoning was reported on 15.10.17 while on run between Karmali and CSTM. Acting immediately on receiving the information, a show cause notice was served on the catering contractor. Further, Area Officer of IRCTC at Madgaon and on-board Manager were placed under suspension pending fact finding report and food test report.A Committee comprising of Sr.DCM/Central Railway, AGM/IRCTC and ACMS/CSMT/Central Railway was formed to inquire into the event.
On interaction with passengers, AC mechanic, train conductor and TTEs, it was revealed that there were two tourist groups travelling, one from Himachal Pradesh and other from Kolkata. The first case of uneasiness was reported by the group of Himachal in which two children vomited in the coach itself. The vomiting smell triggered uneasiness in others co passengers and then another two children vomited in the same coach itself. This further vitiated the air in the AC coach and then two more children vomited. This triggered uneasiness in their parents.
Statement of tour manager of tour group from Kolkata Mr Kajal Chakravarti was taken after the incident. He very clearly and categorically said that there was no problem with food quality. He also reported that from the last 16 days they have been travelling to various places in Maharashtra and Goa and carrying their own cooks and food material. He also stated that they were carrying fish (Hilsa) from Kolkata. He even confirmed that he had everything served by waiters even twice but found no problem. Six (6) passengers of his group and in total 25 passengers were hospitalised at Chiplun. All have since been discharged from the hospital.
Posted Date : 16-10-17
Categories : railway-news
Tag Cloud: railway-news