Coal India's Share Price Hits Four-Year High
The market capitalization of CIL has also increased to Rs 1,68,858.76 crores, from Rs 1,31,666.69 crores as on March 31, 2023.
New Delhi: The share price of Coal India Limited (CIL) closed at Rs 274 on the stock market on September 7, 2023, a surge of 7.07% from the previous day's close of Rs 255.9. This is the highest the share price has been in four years.
The market capitalization of CIL has also increased to Rs 1,68,858.76 crores, from Rs 1,31,666.69 crores as on March 31, 2023.Read Also : AAI conducts four-day-long Advanced Training Session
There are a few factors that could be contributing to the surge in CIL's share price. One possibility is that investors are betting on the company's strong fundamentals.
CIL is the world's largest coal producer and has a dominant market share in India. The company is also expected to benefit from the government's plans to increase investment in the coal sector.Read Also : NTPC Bongaigaon conducts mass pep talk
Another possibility is that investors are reacting to the recent improvement in CIL's financial performance. The company reported a profit of Rs 4,456 crore for the quarter ended June 2023, compared to a loss of Rs 2,654 crore in the same quarter last year.
The surge in CIL's share price is positive news for the company and its investors. It also shows that the market is bullish on the coal sector. However, it is important to note that the stock market is volatile and the share price could fluctuate in the near future.Read Also : Coal India organises workshop on Reform of Coal Mine closure
News Must Read
- NLC India Signs Power Purchase Agreement with GRIDCO
- Coal Ministry, NTPC, and NML signs Deed of Adherence
- Yatish Kumar's first poetry collection 'Antas Ki Khurchan' received the 'Maithili Sharan Gupt Award'
- EIL signs MOU with Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi