Coal Secretary chairs review meeting of SECL
New Delhi: Shri Amrit Lal Meena, Secretary (Coal) chaired a review meeting of the largest coal-producing company of India, and a "Miniratna" Company, SECL to achieve the Coal Production target of 200 MT for FY '23-24.
He emphasized streamlining coal evacuation, discussed land-related issues, & focused on carrying out CSR activities in a time-bound manner.Read Also : Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw chaired meeting of Consultative Committee for Ministry of Railways
SECL is the highest coal producing company of India. The coal mines of SECL are spread across two states namely Chhatisgarh and Madhya Pradesh.
SECL operates 67 coal mines , of which 41 coal mines lies in Chhatisgarh State, while rest 26 coal mines are situated in Madhya Pradesh state. And of these 67 nos of coal mines ,46 mines are worked by underground method of mining while rest 21 no of mines are Opencast mines.Read Also : Shri P Upadhyay INAS takes over as Director General of Naval Armament
Along with this, SECL is committed towards operational aspect of coal carbonization plant of Dankuni coal complex however ,Dankuni coal Complex at Dankuni,West Bengal has been given on lease basis by CIL.
For effective administrative control and operation, coal mines at SECL has been divided into three groups viz Central India coalfields (CIC), Korba coalfields and Mand Raigarh Coalfields.Read Also : Mr Vikraman N takes charge as Director (HR) of BEL
News Must Read
- PFC bids farewell to Shri R.S. Dhillon, CMD
- CIL increased non-coking coal prices by 8%; expects Rs 2703 Cr Revenue
- Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi reviewed NCL's performance
- NMDC delayed commissioning of its newly demerged steel plant
- Power ‘Mini Ratna’ NHPC reports Net Profit up by 8% of Rs 3834 cr during FY23
- Salim G. Purushothaman assumed additional charge of CMD, BCL
- Union Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi inaugurates 1st Mining Start Up Summit at IIT Bombay
- MOIL double its digit production target in FY’24; Reports 250.59 cr profit in FY23
- ISRO launches GSLV NVS-01 mission
- WAPCOS and NLCIL's strategic collaboration for various development projects