IDFC FIRST Bank Digital Rupee
IDFC FIRST Bank has unveiled a new enhancement: the integration of UPI QR Codes with its CBDC app, the IDFC FIRST Bank Digital Rupee.
IDFC FIRST Bank
In alignment with the RBI's Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) initiative, IDFC FIRST Bank has unveiled a new enhancement: the integration of UPI QR Codes with its CBDC app, the IDFC FIRST Bank Digital Rupee. This innovation aims to enhance the adoption of Digital Rupee and boost its utilization.
Being one of the banks that are a part of RBI’s CBDC initiative for retail users, this new feature will simplify payment acceptance for merchants, enabling them to seamlessly accept payments made with Digital Rupee. Moreover, individuals can effortlessly make payments using Digital Rupee through existing UPI QR codes at various merchants.Read Also : Road & Transport Ministry Maps Entire NHs to Remove Potholes
Speaking on this initiative, Madhivanan Balakrishnan, ED & COO at IDFC FIRST Bank said, " Our ethos revolves around embracing innovation that enriches the digital payment experience for our customers and valued merchants. The UPI Interoperability feature will dramatically enhance the adoption of CBDC across the country.
This initiative underscores our unwavering dedication to shape the future of banking in India. As a bank that is rooted in a 'Customer First' philosophy, this initiative aligns with our digital-first approach philosophy. ”The 'Digital Rupee,' a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC), is an initiative by the Reserve Bank of India.
This digital form of legal tender is issued by the Central Bank and shares the essential attributes of physical currency, such as trustworthiness, security, and transaction finality with instantaneous settlement in the digital realm.Read Also : Gas Conclave 2023: Assam Govt, Industry Leaders Gather to Discuss Future of Natural Gas
The IDFC FIRST Bank Digital Rupee app is readily available for both Android and iOS devices. Through this app, users can fund their digital wallets directly from their linked IDFC FIRST Bank accounts.
Also, users can initiate transfers, receive or collect Digital Rupees from other registered users, and employ Digital Rupees for payments at any CBDC or UPI-registered merchant utilizing QR codesRead Also : REC Limited collaborates with SAI and AFI
News Must Read
- NLC India Signs Power Purchase Agreement with GRIDCO
- Coal Ministry, NTPC, and NML signs Deed of Adherence
- Yatish Kumar's first poetry collection 'Antas Ki Khurchan' received the 'Maithili Sharan Gupt Award'
- EIL signs MOU with Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi