India Becomes First Country to Land on Moon's South Pole
The landing of Chandrayaan-3 will allow scientists to study this region in detail and learn more about the Moon's history and potential for future exploration.
India made history on Wednesday, August 23, 2023, when its Chandrayaan-3 spacecraft successfully landed on the Moon's South Pole region. This is a major milestone for India's space program and the first time that any country has landed on the Moon's South Pole.
ISRO on its Twitter handle mentioned:
Chandrayaan-3 Mission:'Indian, I reached my destination and you too!'
Chandrayaan-3 has successfully soft-landed on the moon!.
The landing of Chandrayaan-3 on the Moon's South Pole is a major achievement for India. The South Pole is a relatively unexplored region of the Moon, and it is believed to contain water ice. The landing of Chandrayaan-3 will allow scientists to study this region in detail and learn more about the Moon's history and potential for future exploration.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi also joined the ISRO at the landing time of Chandrayaan 3. He said it is a historic day for India's space sector and now we are on the moon, and also mentioned that the sky is not the limit. He congratulated Isro for the remarkable success of the Chandrayaan-3 lunar mission.Read Also : REC signs loan agreement with RUMSL
The success of Chandrayaan-3 is a testament to the hard work and dedication of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). ISRO is a young space agency, but it has made rapid progress in recent years. The Chandrayaan-3 mission is a major milestone for ISRO and puts India in the forefront of lunar exploration.Read Also : Day 2 at CPSEs Roundtable & Exhibition 2023: CVO visited GAIL stall
News Must Read
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi
- NGEL Ties up with Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port for Green Hydrogen Hub
- PFC shares ATF's new report to help in climate initiatives
- The Most Talked Thing about Dwarka Expressway
- Minister Hardeep S Puri to flag off 1st Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus