Indian Railways marching towards Mission 100% Electrification
During the FY 2022-23, till October 2022, Indian Railways has achieved 1223 Route Kilometers (RKMs) of electrification.
New Delhi: Indian Railways has embarked upon an ambitious plan of electrification of its complete Broad Gauge network which would not only result in a better fuel energy usage resulting in increased throughput, reduced fuel expenditure but also savings in precious foreign exchange.
During the FY 2022-23, till October 2022, Indian Railways has achieved 1223 Route Kilometers (RKMs) of electrification as compared to 895 RKMs during the corresponding period of FY 2021-22. It is 36.64% more than the previous year figures of the corresponding period.
It is worth mentioning that record electrification of 6,366 RKMs was achieved in Indian Railways’ history during 2021-22. Earlier, highest electrification was 6,015 RKM during 2020-21.
As on 31.10.2022, out of 65,141 RKM of BG network of IR (including KRCL), 53,470 BG RKM have been electrified, which is 82.08% of the total BG network.Read Also : BEE collaborates with Andhra Pradesh State EnergyConservation Mission
News Must Read
- BEE collaborates with Andhra Pradesh State EnergyConservation Mission
- SECL Director (Finance) felicitated by ICMAI - WIRC
- BPCL lays foundation stone of new Petroleum, Oil and Lubricants depot
- Government, PSUs, and Defence sector experience 14% upsurge in hiring: foundit Insights Tracker
- 2G Refinery at Numaligarh to create huge employment opportunities: Hardeep S Puri
- Chief of Defence Staff India to Inaugurate HAL’s Avionics Expo 2023 in Delhi
- ONGC Gears Up for Oil Production From its Flagship Project
- MOIL's November Production up by 35% y-o-y
- IAF trainer aircraft crashed in Ravelli Village
- INS Sandhayak: GRSE delivers 'Largest Ever Survey Vessel to be built in the Country on Navy Day 2023