INS Sumedha's Port Klang, Malaysia visit
INS Sumedha's visit to Port Klang is aimed at strengthening bilateral ties, enhancing maritime cooperation and interoperability between Indian Navy and Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN).
New Delhi: As part of the Indian Navy's long-range operational deployment, INS Sumedha deployed to South East Asia, visited Port Klang, Malaysia on 27 August 2022. The ship is on her return passage from Perth, Australia where she participated in the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
INS Sumedha's visit to Port Klang is aimed at strengthening bilateral ties, enhancing maritime cooperation and interoperability between Indian Navy and Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN). Both navies have been collaborating on various fronts and are playing a critical role in ensuring Maritime Security and Safety of global commons. The bilateral engagements between both navies are on an upswing with the participation of KD Lekiu in MILAN 2022 at Visakhapatnam followed by the conduct of the IN-RMN bilateral maritime exercise Samudra Lakshmana at Kota Kinabalu in May 2022.
During the port call at Port Klang, the crew of INS Sumedha would engage in professional interactions, Subject Matter Expert Exchanges (SMEE), cross deck visits and sports fixtures with personnel from the Royal Malaysian Navy. The ship will also be open for the visit of school children. INS Sumedha is also scheduled to participate in a Maritime Partnership Exercise (MPX) with RMN Ships.
INS Sumedha is an indigenously built Naval Offshore Patrol Vessel deployed for multiple roles independently and in support of Fleet Operations. She is part of the Indian Navy's Eastern Fleet based at Visakhapatnam and functions under the operational command of the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command.Read Also : PM to visit Gujarat; will dedicate projects Rs 5200 cr to nation
News Must Read
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi
- NGEL Ties up with Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port for Green Hydrogen Hub
- PFC shares ATF's new report to help in climate initiatives
- The Most Talked Thing about Dwarka Expressway
- Minister Hardeep S Puri to flag off 1st Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus
- PM Modi to Inaugurate 9 Vande Bharat Express Trains on September 24th
- Get the Inside Scoop on iPhone 15 Craze - fans line up for long hours
- GRSE holds 107th Annual General Meeting; approves additional Dividend of Rs. 0.70
- Indian Navy signs MoU with Indian institute of Science, Bengaluru