NTPC Renewable Energy Limited declares Commercial Operation of its Maiden Project
With this, the total installed capacity of NTPC Group has become 73,874 MW and the total RE operational capacity of NTPC Group now stands at 3,364 MW.
NTPC Renewable Energy Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of NTPC, has declared the commercial operation of its first project, the 50 MW wind project at Dayapar in Kachch, Gujarat, on 4th November, 2023. With this, the total installed capacity of NTPC Group has become 73,874 MW and the total RE operational capacity of NTPC Group now stands at 3,364 MW.
Dayapar Wind is the first project of NTPC REL and the first capacity in India to be declared commercial under new Indian Electricity Grid Code and General Network Access Regime.Read Also : Indian Govt signs USD 175 million loan agreement with ADB
Apart from Dayapar Wind, there are 15 other RE projects under different stages of execution, totalling to a capacity of 6,210 MW. Also, when fully commissioned, Dayapar Wind Complex will add 450 MW to NTPC’s existing wind portfolio of 100 MW.
In addition to solar and wind capacity, NTPC REL is also investing in Green Hydrogen technologies. Based on green hydrogen storage and microgrid principle, it is setting up a large capacity in Ladakh.
NTPC Green Energy Ltd. (NGEL), another wholly owned subsidiary of NTPC, has commissioned RE capacity of 2,711 MW and is setting up two solar projects, namely a 40 MW Solar project at Ayodhya in Uttar Pradesh and a Hydrogen Hub at Pudimadaka in Andhra Pradesh.Read Also : Power Grid Shines Again; Honors for Flagship Project
NTPC REL was incorporated as a wholly owned subsidiary of NTPC on 7th October, 2020, to accelerate RE capacity addition of NTPC.
As part of long-term growth plan and sustainability, NTPC targets to have 60 GW Renewable Energy capacity by 2032; it now has a pipeline of 20 GW+ RE capacity.Read Also : Naval Exercise Prasthan at ONGC’s R 12A Ratna Platform
News Must Read
- Paytm's Market Cap dives $1 billion in Single Day: Read What happens
- THDCIL sign MoU for Water Sports High Performance Academy at Tehri
- NECC bags order from GAIL, Worth Rs.52 crore
- NHPC awards 3,000 MW solar projects to 8 bidders
- Oil giants NRL and OIL pump Rs 1 Cr & Rs 5 Cr into Assam's Plantation Drive
- BHEL wins Governance Now PSU IT Awards 2023
- BEML adjudged winner for CSR Leadership Award 2023
- Defence Ministry collaborates with ISB for scholarship to ex-servicemen
- Dahej Expansion Project Takes Flight with Bhumi Pujan Ceremony at Petronet LNG Limited
- Rajahmundry Airport: Gateway to Andhra's Heritage