Prime Minister of Norway Calls on the President
New Delhi: Ms Erna Solberg, the Prime Minister of Norway, called on the President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, at Rashtrapati Bhavan recently on 8th January 2019.
Welcoming the Norwegian Prime Minister to India, the President said that India and Norway share warm and friendly relations. As two vibrant democracies, with the deep respect for the rule of law, cultural diversity and human rights, we are natural partners.
The President said that India-Norway bilateral trade has been growing but there is potential for expansion. Energy, IT, health and technology sectors present opportunities. Norwegian capability in shipping, port management, fishing, defence and energy is globally known. India seeks Norwegian partnerships in these areas to support its own programmes such as Make in India, Smart Cities, Clean India, Start-up India and the Sagarmala project.Read Also : Defence Ministry signs Rs 588 Cr contract for Digital Coast Guard project
News Must Read
- NHPC awards 3,000 MW solar projects to 8 bidders
- Oil giants NRL and OIL pump Rs 1 Cr & Rs 5 Cr into Assam's Plantation Drive
- BHEL wins Governance Now PSU IT Awards 2023
- BEML adjudged winner for CSR Leadership Award 2023
- Defence Ministry collaborates with ISB for scholarship to ex-servicemen
- Dahej Expansion Project Takes Flight with Bhumi Pujan Ceremony at Petronet LNG Limited
- Rajahmundry Airport: Gateway to Andhra's Heritage
- CDS Inaugurates HAL’s Avionics Expo 2023 in Delhi, Hails HAL’s Commitment towards Atmanirbharta
- THDC India Limited and UJVNL's Joint Venture Secures 1719 MW Clean Energy Portfolio, Elevating Nation's Role in Net-Zero Emission Goals
- International Conference on Magnetic Materials and Applications (ICMAGMA-2023)