Rajnath Singh interacts with Indian diaspora in Nigeria during his visit to Abuja
Emphasises on Government’s focus on ‘Make in India, Make for the World’; Lauds the Armed Forces for protecting the nation from adversaries
New Delhi: Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh interacted with the Indian diaspora in Nigeria, at an event organised by the Indian High Commission in Abuja on May 29, 2023. The event was attended by the Indian community not just from Abuja, but also from other cities of Nigeria such as Lagos.
The Raksha Mantri spoke about the increasing importance of India on the world stage owing to its fast-expanding economy and progressive government actions. The members of the community erupted in joy when the Raksha Mantri highlighted the growing stature of the Indian diaspora abroad. He appreciated the positive contribution made by the Indian community in Nigeria and expressed confidence that they will continue to keep the Indian flag flying high.
Read Also : Gas Conclave 2023: Assam Govt, Industry Leaders Gather to Discuss Future of Natural Gas
Shri Rajnath Singh emphasised on the Government’s focus on ‘Aatmanirbharta’ and the significant progress made in defence exports in recent years towards achieving the objective of ‘Make in India, Make for the World’. He also lauded the capabilities of the Armed Forces in effectively countering any threat or challenge from adversaries.Read Also : REC Limited collaborates with SAI and AFI
Later, the Raksha Mantri interacted with the senior Nigerian dignitaries, including the Chief Justice and Acting Minister of Defence, at the dinner hosted by the Indian High Commissioner.
Shri Rajnath Singh was in Abuja to attend the swearing-in ceremony of the President of Nigeria Mr Bola Tinubu. Nigeria is home to more than 50,000 Indians. Indian owned/operated companies and businesses are among the largest employers in Nigeria.Read Also : NTPC to Upgrade Infra and Education in Arunachal Pradesh with MoAs with VKV Trust
News Must Read
- NLC India Signs Power Purchase Agreement with GRIDCO
- Coal Ministry, NTPC, and NML signs Deed of Adherence
- Yatish Kumar's first poetry collection 'Antas Ki Khurchan' received the 'Maithili Sharan Gupt Award'
- EIL signs MOU with Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi