REC CMD speaks about Progress and Challenges in Rollout of 250 Million Smart Meters under RDSS
New Delhi: At Distribution Utility Meet 2023, 7th Annual Conference of Power Distribution Utilities For Collaborative Growth at Kochi, Kerala by India Smart Grid Forum, Sh. Vivek Kumar Devangan, CMD- REC, spoke extensively about the progress and challenges associated with the roll out of 250 million Smart Meters under RDSS, an initiative of the Government of India.
While addressing the meeting he said that the Government plans for replacement of all 25 Cr meters with smart prepaid meters and about 71 Lakh smart meters have been installed so far across Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan, Assam etc.
Read Also : Naval Exercise Prasthan at ONGC’s R 12A Ratna Platform
In total, 23 Cr smart meters are sanctioned so far and 8 Cr awarded. He discussed the challenges as well as solutions for effective rollout of the Smart Meter project.Read Also : Paytm's Market Cap dives $1 billion in Single Day: Read What happens
News Must Read
- Paytm's Market Cap dives $1 billion in Single Day: Read What happens
- THDCIL sign MoU for Water Sports High Performance Academy at Tehri
- NECC bags order from GAIL, Worth Rs.52 crore
- NHPC awards 3,000 MW solar projects to 8 bidders
- Oil giants NRL and OIL pump Rs 1 Cr & Rs 5 Cr into Assam's Plantation Drive
- BHEL wins Governance Now PSU IT Awards 2023
- BEML adjudged winner for CSR Leadership Award 2023
- Defence Ministry collaborates with ISB for scholarship to ex-servicemen
- Dahej Expansion Project Takes Flight with Bhumi Pujan Ceremony at Petronet LNG Limited
- Rajahmundry Airport: Gateway to Andhra's Heritage