SJVN’s Nathpa Jhakri Power Station registers for International RE Certificates
Sh. Nand Lal Sharma further informed that now 1500 MW Nathpa Jhakri Power Station has been registered for trading of RECs from 01.01.23 to 31.12.27.
SHIMLA: Sh. Nand Lal Sharma Chairman & Managing Director, SJVN informed that SJVN’s Flagship 1500 MW Nathpa Jhakri Hydro Power Station has been Registered for Trading of International Renewable Energy Certificates (IREC). Renewable Energy Certificate (REC) mechanism is a market-based instrument to promote renewable energy and facilitate compliance of Renewable Purchase Obligations (RPO).
Sh. Nand Lal Sharma said that globally to meet the commitments to sustainability, climate change mitigation and to push industries towards renewable energy various governments came up with Renewable Purchase Obligations (RPO). By Industries RPO can be complied with either by generating or purchasing the required quantum of renewable energy.Read Also : IIM Lucknow Triumphs in NTPC Electron Regional Finals, Followed by IIT BHU and IIT Kanpur
Sh. Sharma further told that to address the mismatch between availability of Renewable energy and the requirement of obligated entities to meet RPO, a market-based instrument called Renewable energy certificate (REC) was introduced to promote renewable energy and facilitate compliance of RPO.
RPO can also be complied by purchasing the certificate (REC) from the energy exchange. Purchasing of one REC allows the buyer to claim the consumption of one MWh of renewable energy.
Read Also : Air Marshal Praveen Keshav Vohra takes over as Senior Air Staff Officer of Western Air Command, IAF
Sh. Nand Lal Sharma further informed that now 1500 MW Nathpa Jhakri Power Station has been registered for trading of RECs from 01.01.23 to 31.12.27. Based on its design energy the station can trade around 57.5 Lakh RECs annually which in turn convert into an additional revenue of around Rupees 10 crores annually for company.Read Also : iDEX-DIO signs 300th contract for Defence Innovation
News Must Read
- CIL's November coal output jumps 11% to 65.97 million tonnes
- REC's CSR arm signs Rs 8 Crore agreement
- SJVN synchronizes Second Unit of Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project
- BCCL starts Commercial Operations of 5.0 MTPA Madhuband Washery
- GAIL's 3 GSRTC Diesel buses converted to LNG: Read More
- HPCL’s first 100 MW mega solar project at Galiveedu
- IREDA IPO Listing Day; Receives Strong Investors Response
- BPCL Dividend of Rs 21 per Share for FY24
- Defence Ministry inks Rs 2956.89 Cr contract with BHEL
- Rajnath Singh Unveils India's Latest Stealth Destroyer 'Imphal'