SJVN receives Letter of Intent from Uttarakhand for 200 MW Solar Power
The solar project is being developed through SGEL, a wholly owned subsidiary of SJVN in Rajasthan under CPSU Scheme, with viability gap funding support from Government of India.
SHIMLA: Sh. Nand Lal Sharma, Chairman & Managing Director, SJVN informed that SJVN has received a Letter of Intent for purchase of 200 MW solar power from Uttarakhand Power Corporation Limited (UPCL).
Sh. Nand Lal Sharma stated that UPCL intends to purchase 200 MW power at a tariff of Rs 2.57 per unit from SJVN’s 1000 MW Bikaner Solar Project. The solar project is being developed through SGEL, a wholly owned subsidiary of SJVN in Rajasthan under CPSU Scheme, with viability gap funding support from Government of India. The power generated from the project shall be used by government entities, either directly or through DISCOMS.Read Also : NTPC Records Remarkable Growth in Coal Despatch and Production
Sh. Nand Lal Sharma further said that the allocation of the solar power from the project will be as per Power Purchase Agreement to be signed between SGEL and UPCL in near future. This development will contribute towards meeting solar RPO targets and addressing the power deficit. Earlier on 3rd January 2023, Hon’ble President of India, Smt. Droupadi Murmu laid the foundation stone of 1000 MW Bikaner Solar Project. The project is slated for commissioning by June 2024 and involves an investment of Rs. 5491 crores.Read Also : REC CMD delivers engaging address on ‘Financing options for energy transition'
The project is expected to generate 2455 million units in the first year and about 56838 million units cumulatively over a period of 25 years, while reducing carbon emissions by 27,85,077 tonnes.
SJVN, a leading Power CPSU, is dedicated to expand its renewable energy portfolio in line with Government of India's green energy transition target. The company has set a Mission of 12,000 MW by 2026 and Shared Vision of 50,000 MW installed capacity by 2040.Read Also : Hardeep S Puri review developed facilities at consecrated Namo Ghat
News Must Read
- NTPC Records Remarkable Growth in Coal Despatch and Production
- CIL's November coal output jumps 11% to 65.97 million tonnes
- REC's CSR arm signs Rs 8 Crore agreement
- SJVN synchronizes Second Unit of Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project
- BCCL starts Commercial Operations of 5.0 MTPA Madhuband Washery
- GAIL's 3 GSRTC Diesel buses converted to LNG: Read More
- HPCL’s first 100 MW mega solar project at Galiveedu
- IREDA IPO Listing Day; Receives Strong Investors Response
- BPCL Dividend of Rs 21 per Share for FY24
- Defence Ministry inks Rs 2956.89 Cr contract with BHEL