Special Swachhata Campaign 3.0: Rajnath Singh inspects cleanliness in MoD Secretariat
Urges employees to ensure a cleaner workplace for enhanced productivity
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh inspected the cleanliness in the Ministry of Defence (MoD) Secretariat in South Block, New Delhi on October 26, 2023, as part of the Government’s continuous endeavour to inculcate Swachhata as a daily habit.
The Raksha Mantri interacted with the employees and exhorted them to individually contribute a few hours of Shramdaan every week to maintain utmost cleanliness at the workplace. He emphasised that a clean and decluttered workplace leads to enhanced productivity. He also felicitated the Swachhata Veers whose untiring efforts have been instrumental in successful conduct of the Swachhata Abhiyan in MoD.
Read Also : Indian Govt signs USD 175 million loan agreement with ADB
The MoD is in the fourth and penultimate week of the Special Campaign 3.0 along with the concomitant pan-India Swachhata Abhiyan. The overarching thrust of this campaign has been on gainful utilisation of available resources and generation of revenue from disposal of scrap. It is pertinent to mention that the Ministry has generated revenue of Rs 5.34 lakh by disposal of furniture scrap and obsolete & condemned IT equipment like photocopier machines in South Block. Revenue of Rs 55 crore has also been generated through auction of condemned vehicles.Read Also : Power Grid Shines Again; Honors for Flagship Project
In keeping with the spirit of cleanliness, an erstwhile unutilised room was cleared of garbage and renovated during the ongoing Special Campaign 3.0 and transformed into ‘Ladies Room’ where employees could refresh themselves as per their convenience. The Raksha Mantri inaugurated the room on the second floor of South Block. The lady employees thanked him for this positive intervention which is worthy of being emulated by others.
Shri Rajnath Singh also visited the space on the ground floor which was earlier a defunct departmental canteen where garbage was being dumped. The garbage has been cleared during the ongoing Special Campaign 3.0 and the space is under renovation.Read Also : Naval Exercise Prasthan at ONGC’s R 12A Ratna Platform
News Must Read
- Paytm's Market Cap dives $1 billion in Single Day: Read What happens
- THDCIL sign MoU for Water Sports High Performance Academy at Tehri
- NECC bags order from GAIL, Worth Rs.52 crore
- NHPC awards 3,000 MW solar projects to 8 bidders
- Oil giants NRL and OIL pump Rs 1 Cr & Rs 5 Cr into Assam's Plantation Drive
- BHEL wins Governance Now PSU IT Awards 2023
- BEML adjudged winner for CSR Leadership Award 2023
- Defence Ministry collaborates with ISB for scholarship to ex-servicemen
- Dahej Expansion Project Takes Flight with Bhumi Pujan Ceremony at Petronet LNG Limited
- Rajahmundry Airport: Gateway to Andhra's Heritage