WCL wins the CIL Inter Company Cricket Tournament 2022-23
WCL has won the CIL Inter Company Cricket Tournament 2022-23 organised at the WCL HQ from 16th to 21st January 2023. WCL beat the Northern Coalfields Limited (NCL) team in the finals to win the title. The tournament included teams from WCL, BCCL, CIL, CCL, CMPDIL, ECL, MCL, NCL, SCCL and SECL.
In the final match, NCL, batting first, scored 100 runs in 20 overs. While chasing the target, WCL achieved the score in 19 overs to win the tournament. Shri. Sarabjit Singh from WCL team was awarded Man of the Match. For the entire tournament, Shri. Sahil Jaiswal from NCL team was awarded the Best Batsman and Shri Rahul Gupta, also from NCL team, was awarded the Best Baller. Shri Sultan Ahmed, from WCL team, won the Man of the Series.
Director (Personnel), CIL Shri Vinay Ranjan was present as the Chief Guest during the Prize Distribution Ceremony. In his address, he said that all employees in CIL and its subsidiaries should pursue at least one sport. He said that CIL will extend all support for promotion of sports to its subsidiaries. He congratulated all the players for their efforts.
Director (Personnel) Dr. Sanjay Kumar, in his address, said that sports are essential for physical as well as mental strength. It promotes team spirit, which is essential for success in any field of work. He congratulated WCL Cricket team and wished runner-up team for better performance next time.
Director Technical (Operations) Shri J. P. Dwivedi, Director Technical (Project & Planning) Shri A. K. Singh and CVO Shri A. M. Mhtre has distinguished presence during the occasion. Steering Committee Members Shri. Shiv Kumar Yadav, Shri Francis Dara, Shri C. J. Joseph, Shri. Satish Gabale and Welfare Board members Shri Brijesh Singh, Shri Kameshwar Rai, Shri Murli Chintalwar and Shri Ajay Pal Yadav were present during the occasion. Shri S. Q. Zama, Senior Trade Union leader was also present during the closing function.Read Also : PM to visit Gujarat; will dedicate projects Rs 5200 cr to nation
News Must Read
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi
- NGEL Ties up with Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port for Green Hydrogen Hub
- PFC shares ATF's new report to help in climate initiatives
- The Most Talked Thing about Dwarka Expressway
- Minister Hardeep S Puri to flag off 1st Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus
- PM Modi to Inaugurate 9 Vande Bharat Express Trains on September 24th
- Get the Inside Scoop on iPhone 15 Craze - fans line up for long hours
- GRSE holds 107th Annual General Meeting; approves additional Dividend of Rs. 0.70
- Indian Navy signs MoU with Indian institute of Science, Bengaluru