Power System Operation Corporation Limited
Power System Operation Corporation Limited (POSOCO) POSOCO is a wholly owned Government of India Enterprise under the Ministry of Power. It was earlier a wholly owned subsidiary of Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (Powergrid). It was formed in March 2009 to handle the power management functions of PGCIL. It is responsible to ensure the integrated operation of the Grid in a reliable,efficient and secure manner. It consists of 5 Regional Load Despatch Centres and a National Load Despatch Centre (NLDC). The subsidiary was eventually made a separate company, leaving the parent firm with only the task of setting up transmission links. The load despatch functions, earlier handled by PGCIL, have now come up to POSOCO.
Vision: To be a global institution of excellence for reliable & resilient power systems, fostering efficient electricity markets, promoting economy and sustainability.
• Facilitate competitive and efficient wholesale electricity markets and administer settlement systems.
• Nurturing human & intellectual capital.
• Integrity and fairness in all matters
• Strict adherence to commitments
• Foster learning, creativity and team-work
• Functions of POSOCO as per directions of Ministry of Power issued from time to time.
2. Functions of RLDC (Section 28 of Electricity Act, 2003).
4. Open Access in Inter-state transmission.
• Development of Ancillary Services.
• Renewable Energy Certificates (REC).
• Power System Development Fund.
• Maintenance of Pool Accounts.
• Regulation of power supply.