6 BioCNG plants and more than 11,100 small biogas plants commissioned
The first phase has a budgetary outlay of Rs. 858 Crore.
New Delhi: The Union Minister for New & Renewable Energy and Power has informed that the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy notified the National Bioenergy Programme (NBP) in November 2022 for the period 01.04.2021 to 31.03.2026, this programme, with a budgetary outlay of Rs. 1715 Crore, shall be implemented in two phases.Read Also : NTPC Bongaigaon conducts mass pep talk
The first phase has a budgetary outlay of Rs. 858 Crore. This programme provides Central Financial Assistance (CFA) for setting up of Bioenergy plants. said Union Minister for New & Renewable Energy and Power Shri R. K. Singh, in a written reply to a question, in Lok Sabha on August 10, 2023.Read Also : Coal India organises workshop on Reform of Coal Mine closure
As on 31.07.2023, six BioCNG plants and 11,143 small biogas plants have been commissioned, sanctions for which have been issued under the NBP guidelines notified on 02.11.2022.
National Bioenergy Programme, inter alia, promotes the utilization of biomass such as surplus agricultural residue, agro-based industrial residue, industrial wood-waste, forest residue, energy plantation-based biomass etc. for energy generation and therefore would not pose a risk of deforestation.Read Also : Green initiatives in construction sector will lead PM's vision to make country carbon neutral by 2070: Nitin Gadkari
News Must Read
- NLC India Signs Power Purchase Agreement with GRIDCO
- Coal Ministry, NTPC, and NML signs Deed of Adherence
- Yatish Kumar's first poetry collection 'Antas Ki Khurchan' received the 'Maithili Sharan Gupt Award'
- EIL signs MOU with Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi