Around 4.9 crore beneficiaries reported with 3.9 lakh crore loan sanctions under Mudra Yojana
The loan segment is proposed to cater to the basic financial needs of micro units diversifying for startup enterprises.
According to official data released in January 2024 PM Mudra Yojana has marked significant achievements by sanctioning approximately 4.9 crore beneficiaries where sanctioned loan amounts stand at Rs 3.9 lakh crore with Rs 3.8 lakh crore disbursed establishing a substantial impact of the scheme on fostering micro-enterprise growth.
The pivotal scheme was launched on April 8, 2015, which aims to provide financial support to non-corporate, non-farm small/ micro enterprises. Three distinctive loans are categorized under this scheme of the Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency [MUDRA] as follows:
Shishu: Which covers loans up to Rs 50,000.
Kishore: It encompasses loans above Rs 50,000 and up to Rs 5 lakh.
Tarun: It targets loans above Rs 5 lakh and up to Rs 10 lakh.Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
The loan segment is proposed to cater to the basic financial needs of micro units diversifying for startup enterprises. The scheme is extended to support a variety of legal entities including individuals, proprietary concerns, partnership firms, and private and public limited companies. Applicants are required to maintain a good credit track record while individual borrowers must possess the necessary skills, experience, or knowledge relevant to their proposed entrepreneurial activity.Read Also : NTPC Wins 23rd Inter CPSU Cricket Tournament
The scheme facilitates micro-credit/loans up to Rs 10 lakh to income-generating micro-enterprises engaged in the non-farm sector in manufacturing, trading, or service sector including activities allied to agriculture such as poultry, dairy, beekeeping, etc.Read Also : 3 lakh CR annual defence production & Rs 50K crore exports expected by 2028-29: Rajnath Singh
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong