Bharti Group offers SBI Life and other insurers to sell its insurance business
Bharti Group has proposed talks with SBI Life Insurance and its corresponding allies to sell its wholly-owned life insurance venture Bharati AXA Life Insurance.
The positive move was initiated after Bharti Group in October 2023 announced plans to buy out its joint venture partner AXA Group’s 49% stake in the life insurance business. Bharti AXA Life Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and French insurance company AXA established in 2006. The parent company holds a 51% stake in the joint venture, with AXA holding the remaining 49%.
Meanwhile, now, Bharti Enterprises is contemplating to exit its insurance services business, while triggering negotiations with Reliance Industries to sell its stake in both Bharti AXA Life Insurance and Bharti AXA General Insurance in 2016.Read Also : NBCC Signs MoU with Telangana High Court
In 2020, Bharti AXA General Insurance and ICICI Lombard signed a crucial agreement for the latter to acquire the former in an all-stock deal.
Read Also : PM Modi inaugurates NBCC built Indian Institute of Skills, Kanpur
The acquisition was completed on 8 September 2020. It is prudent that Bharti AXA has a market share of 2% in terms of premiums in the life insurance sector. The equity share capital of the company stood at Rs 3,706 crore as of March 31, 2023.Read Also : NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
News Must Read
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong
- Most awaited Gujarat's Signature Bridge: Read About its beauty
- NBCC to execute worth Rs 369 crore projects in UP, MP and Telangana
- CMD, IREDA Unveils Vision for Retail Division, Elevating Rooftop Solar
- PFC Forge Historic Partnership with Govt of Goa
- Government flows out Tender for Puri International Airport Construction
- Power Grid board approves Investment in two projects worth 655.75 crore
- SECL Makes History as First Coal Company to Procure Over Rs 10,000 Crore via GeM