CIL concludes National Coal Wage Agreement, granted 25% increase in allowances
The 10th meeting held on 20th May 2023 recommended and inked the National Coal Wage Agreement (NCWA)-XI for the period of five years w.e.f. 01.07.2021.
Image: Coal Bhawan
New Delhi: India's largest coal producer and a central public sector undertaking on May 22 announced the National Coal wage Agreement. The company in a letter mentioned the Joint Bipartite Committee for the Coal Industry (JBCCI)-XI consisting of representatives of Management of Coal India Limited (CIL), Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL), five central trade unions i.e. BMS, HMS, AITUC, CITU and Indian National Mine Workers’ Federation (INMF), an affiliate of INTUC in its 10th meeting held on 20th May 2023 recommended and inked National Coal Wage Agreement (NCWA)-XI for the period of five years w.e.f. 01.07.2021.
19% Minimum Guaranteed Benefit (MGB) w.e.f. 01.07.2021 on emoluments (i.e. Basic, VDA, SDA & Attendance Bonus) as on 30.06.2021 and 25% increase in allowances have been granted in NCWA-XI.
Read Also : Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw chaired meeting of Consultative Committee for Ministry of Railways
Around 2.81 lakh employees of CIL & SCCL who were on the rolls of the company as on 1st July 2021 would be the beneficiaries post-implementation of NCWA-XI.Read Also : Shri P Upadhyay INAS takes over as Director General of Naval Armament
Further, CIL has made provision of Rs 9252.24 Crores for a period of 21 Months w.e.f. 01.07.2021 to 31.03.2023 for this effect.
The final impact of 25% increase in allowances will be intimated shortly which is not likely to be significant.Read Also : Mr Vikraman N takes charge as Director (HR) of BEL
News Must Read
- PFC bids farewell to Shri R.S. Dhillon, CMD
- CIL increased non-coking coal prices by 8%; expects Rs 2703 Cr Revenue
- Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi reviewed NCL's performance
- NMDC delayed commissioning of its newly demerged steel plant
- Power ‘Mini Ratna’ NHPC reports Net Profit up by 8% of Rs 3834 cr during FY23
- Salim G. Purushothaman assumed additional charge of CMD, BCL
- Union Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi inaugurates 1st Mining Start Up Summit at IIT Bombay
- MOIL double its digit production target in FY’24; Reports 250.59 cr profit in FY23
- ISRO launches GSLV NVS-01 mission
- WAPCOS and NLCIL's strategic collaboration for various development projects