Coal production achieves 99.73 million tonnes production in January 2024
According to the coal ministry, coal production has reached the milestone of an impressive 99.73 million tonnes[MT] in January 2024. This has been marked as a substantial output growth of 10.30 percent as compared to the 90.42 MT figure standing in the previous year.
This represents a significant growth of 9.09 percent compared to the production figures stood at 71.88 MT in January 2023 where Coal India Ltd has been considered as the major contributing sector, producing 78.41 MT. The cumulative growth production stands at 784.11 MT provisionally for the fiscal year 2023-24.
The growth seems commendable as an increase of 12.18 percent is witnessed from the previous fiscal year where production figures stood at 698.99 MT during the same month respectively. While, coal dispatch has also received substantial growth standing at 87.37 MT which indicates a robust growth rate of 6.52 percent as compared to 82.02 MT in FY23.Read Also : Finance Minister Sitharaman chairs 28th meeting of FSDC
The cumulative coal dispatches up to January 2024 stood at 797.66 MT for the current fiscal year, provisionally. This growth is commendable as it reflects a positive surge of 10.82 percent as of 719.78 MT of FY23. Coal India again witnessed the highest performance in dispatch with figures standing at 67.56 Mt in January 2024.
Similarly, the statistics have shown an incredible growth of coal stock at 70.37 MT as of January 31 provisional data, and the coal sector, meanwhile is witnessing an annual growth rate of 47.85 percent. Sustainable growth and stability with robust output are the basic efforts that prevailed by the Ministry of Coal.Read Also : 48 Unemployed Gain Valuable Skills in NLCIL-NPTI CSR Initiative
News Must Read
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong
- Most awaited Gujarat's Signature Bridge: Read About its beauty
- NBCC to execute worth Rs 369 crore projects in UP, MP and Telangana
- CMD, IREDA Unveils Vision for Retail Division, Elevating Rooftop Solar
- PFC Forge Historic Partnership with Govt of Goa
- Government flows out Tender for Puri International Airport Construction
- Power Grid board approves Investment in two projects worth 655.75 crore
- SECL Makes History as First Coal Company to Procure Over Rs 10,000 Crore via GeM
- How RVNL's share takes boom today..