Commodore Amit Rastogi (Retd) assumes charge as CMD, NRDC
Commodore Amit Rastogi (Retd) has taken over as the new Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) on 18 October, 2021
Commodore Amit Rastogi (Retd)
New Delhi: Commodore Amit Rastogi (Retd), after an illustrious career of 34 years in Indian Navy has taken over as Chairman & Managing Director of National Research Development Corporation on 18 October, 2021.
He holds a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering from JNU, Masters degree in Electronics & Telecommunication form Poona University and M.Sc. (Defence & strategic studies) from Madras University. He is also a distinguished alumnus of Defence Services Staff College Wellington and College of Defence Management, Secunderabad.
An avid technologist who has held diverse portfolios in Indian Navy and carries rich experience in induction of missile systems, state-of-the-art technology intensive combat systems, Phased array radars, Communication equipment etc. for warships through Indigenous development and TOT route and simultaneous engagement of R&D community, Academia and Industry.
He was earlier, Director, Electrical Engineering at Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence for five years and Additional General Manager Tech Services at Naval Dockyard for two years. He also held the position of Deputy Director General Quality Assurance for five years and Director, Electrical Trials Modification Authority for two years.
Cmde Rastogi has authored no. of policies related to production norms for electronic systems which are being extensively used by Indian Defence Industry. As Deputy Director General Quality Assurance, he provided the leadership towards IPR proliferation in DPSUs, vendor development, process improvements and QA of Defence equipment worth 8000 crores. He is a fitness enthusiast, an Isha meditator, keen golfer and Randonneur (Long distance cyclist).
NRDC is an enterprise of DSIR, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India. It engages in the development, promotion and transfer of technologies emanating from various national R&D institutions. The Corporation offers its services in wide areas to improve the manufacturing base in India with innovative research and acts as an effective catalyst to translate this innovative research into marketable industrial products.Read Also : 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
News Must Read
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong
- Most awaited Gujarat's Signature Bridge: Read About its beauty
- NBCC to execute worth Rs 369 crore projects in UP, MP and Telangana
- CMD, IREDA Unveils Vision for Retail Division, Elevating Rooftop Solar
- PFC Forge Historic Partnership with Govt of Goa
- Government flows out Tender for Puri International Airport Construction
- Power Grid board approves Investment in two projects worth 655.75 crore