Delhi Metro introduces a new mode of advertising
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is all set to introduce a new mode of advertising in its network as per which it will now be possible to air audio-based advertisements inside the trains. This new feature is thoughtfully designed to seamlessly coexist with essential service announcements, ensuring that it enhances, the overall metro experience for passengers. Strategically placed between mandatory service announcements, these audio advertisements are set to bring a delightful and engaging dimension to the journey, offering passengers a welcome break from the routine.
Initially, this provision is only being made inside six trains on the Violet line during the journey between Kashmere Gate and Badarpur Border. The advertisements shall be aired from the month of December 2023 initially for a period of one year. Based on the feedback received from this pilot project, this revenue-generating avenue may be expanded to other lines as well.
Audio-based marketing is a revenue mode which has immense potential in the Delhi Metro since these advertisements will have immediate reach to lakhs of commuters who travel by Metro every day. Many other metro systems are also exploring this avenue for revenue generation. For example, Mumbai Metro (Line 1: Versova to Ghatkopar) is actively providing advertising opportunities to its partners.
During the Covid 19 pandemic, Delhi Metro services had to be suspended for a significant amount of time and subsequently, the services could only be resumed in phases with a number of restrictions. Therefore, the revenue-generating streams available to DMRC were constrained to a large extent. Now, DMRC is taking a number of steps to further augment its revenues from non-ticketing sources so that it can continue to operate smoothly. Co-branding of stations and the launch of the ‘Momentum 2.0’ app are other such measures that have already been taken in recent times.
The concept of in-train Audio ADs was proposed by Pindrop Metro Tech Pvt. Ltd, a specially curated advertising solutions firm, part of the Pindrop Media Group, which has been founded by the well-known media personality Sh. Shammi Narang. This firm has been providing in-train and in-station audio content to Delhi Metro for the last two decades and shall be implementing this new project, i.e. in-train Audio ADs, in association with DMRC.Read Also : NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
News Must Read
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong
- Most awaited Gujarat's Signature Bridge: Read About its beauty
- NBCC to execute worth Rs 369 crore projects in UP, MP and Telangana
- CMD, IREDA Unveils Vision for Retail Division, Elevating Rooftop Solar
- PFC Forge Historic Partnership with Govt of Goa
- Government flows out Tender for Puri International Airport Construction
- Power Grid board approves Investment in two projects worth 655.75 crore
- SECL Makes History as First Coal Company to Procure Over Rs 10,000 Crore via GeM