Finance Ministry approves welfare measures for LIC agents and employees
The Ministry of Finance today approved a series of welfare measures for the benefit of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) agents and employees. The welfare measures are related to the amendments to LIC (Agents) Regulations, 2017, Enhancement of Gratuity Limit, and Uniform Rate of Family Pension among others.Read Also : NSIC organises 2nd India-Taiwan SME Cooperation Forum
The following welfare measures w.r.t. LIC agents and employees were approved:
- Enhancement of the gratuity limit from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 5 lakh for LIC agents. It will bring substantial improvements to the working condition and benefits of LIC agents.
- Enabling reappointed agents to be eligible for renewal commission, thereby providing them with increased financial stability. Currently, LIC agents are not eligible for renewal commission on any business completed under the old agency.
- The term insurance cover for the agents has been expanded from the existing range of Rs. 3,000-10,000 rupees to Rs. 25,000-1,50,000. This enhancement in term insurance will significantly benefit the families of deceased agents, offering them a more substantial welfare benefit.
- Family pension at a uniform rate of @30% for the welfare of the families of LIC employees.
More than 13 lakhs agents and more than 1 lakh regular employees, who play a pivotal role in the growth of LIC and deepening of insurance penetration in India, will benefit from these welfare measures.Read Also : Day 2 at CPSEs Roundtable & Exhibition 2023: CVO visited GAIL stall
News Must Read
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi
- NGEL Ties up with Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port for Green Hydrogen Hub
- PFC shares ATF's new report to help in climate initiatives
- The Most Talked Thing about Dwarka Expressway
- Minister Hardeep S Puri to flag off 1st Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus