Former IPS officer, Sheel Vardhan Singh takes oath of Office and Secrecy as Member, UPSC
The oath was administered to her by the UPSC Chairman Dr Manoj Soni.
New Delhi: Shri Sheel Vardhan Singh, former IPS officer, having 37 years of distinguished service behind him takes the oath of Office and Secrecy as Member, UPSC this afternoon in the Central Hall, Main Building of UPSC. The oath was administered to her by the UPSC Chairman Dr Manoj Soni.Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
Sheel Vardhan Singh is a seasoned Intelligence expert, known for strategic thinking, expertise in Global Security Scenario and Internal Security. He was Director General of CISF from November 2021 to December 2023 where he provided visionary leadership enhancing Security across the vital Industrial Sector.
Shri Sheel Vardhan Singh has served in all theatres of National Security, contributing to highest level Intelligence gathering, analysis and National Security policy formulation. He strengthened India's International Security posture during his posting at Indian High Commission Dhaka.Read Also : NTPC Wins 23rd Inter CPSU Cricket Tournament
He was awarded the President Police Medal for Meritorious Service in the year 2004 and Presidents Police Medal for Distinguished Service in the year 2010.
A Bachelor of Arts in English Honours, Shri Sheel Vardhan Singh has done the prestigious West Yorkshire Command Course, UK and the National Defence College, India. He has authored two volumes of short stories and is a regular contributor to the 'Speaking Tree' column in The Times of India. His podcast - 'The Dialogue Within' brings out his unique perspectives on life and living.
Shri Sheel Vardhan Singh is an avid sportsman, passionate about literature and cultural exploration and a devoted Yoga Practioner.Read Also : 3 lakh CR annual defence production & Rs 50K crore exports expected by 2028-29: Rajnath Singh
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong