Government sanctions Rs 699.2 cr for National Highways of Gujarat Border

Shri Nitin Gadkari sanctions Rs 699.19 crore for upgrading the Khokhra Gujarat Border – Vijayanagar – Antarsuba – Mathasur Road section of National Highway 58 in Palanpur, Gujarat.

Government sanctions Rs 699.2 cr for National Highways of Gujarat Border

The Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Shri Nitin Gadkari, announced in a post that Rs 699.19 crore has been sanctioned under the Hybrid Annuity Mode for upgrading the Khokhra Gujarat Border – Vijayanagar – Antarsuba – Mathasur Road section of National Highway 58 in Palanpur district of Gujarat to a 2-lane road with paved shoulders.

Read Also : Indigenous Technology Cruise Missile successfully flight-tested by DRDO

Shri Gadkari said National Highway-58 connects Gujarat and Rajasthan and also connects Ambaji Temple, Udaipur, Polo Forest, and other archaeological monuments and various tourist places. This section of National Highway 58 is proposed to upgrade the existing single/two-lane road to 2 lanes with PS and involves realignment in 14 stretches passing through hilly terrain. The project will provide better connectivity and boost economic activities in the region.

Read Also : Vedanta’s Hindustan Zinc becomes the 3rd largest producer of Silver Globally

Under the Hybrid Annuity Model, the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) pays 40% of the total project expenditure. This payment is released in ten equal instalments based on the completion of targeted project milestones. The remaining 60% of the amount has to be arranged by the road developer.

Read Also : MCL felicitates Animesh Pradhan (CSE AIR-2)