Govt to assist TERI in setting up Centre for Energy Transition in Hyderabad
The Power Ministry has announced to set up a Centre for Energy Transition platform in Hyderabad as a collaboration between the Government of India and The Energy and Resources Institute.
The announcement was made at the 23rd edition of the World Sustainable Development Summit which was organized by TERI in New Delhi on 9 February 2024. The summit was taken into the limelight by revealing India's remarkable progress where 44 percent of the power generation is achieved from non-fossil fuel sources.
Around 180 GW of the total capacity of 427 GW is from non-fossil fuel sources, almost from renewable capacity.
According to the estimates, India comprises 17% of the global population, while it is only responsible for only 3% of cumulative global carbon emissions. New electric vehicles and renewable sources of energy are substituting the traditional fuel demands.
Read Also : Coal India signs JV Agreement with BHEL
The World Sustainable Development Summit 2024 provides an invaluable platform for robust discussions and collaborative exchanges towards achieving sustainable development goals. The initiation of the Centre for Energy Transition will be a step forward in the queue of green energy future.Read Also : NCL exceeds 125 million tonnes of coal production
News Must Read
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut