Hardeep S Puri chaired Energy Ministers' session under 2nd Voice of Global South Summit
India's G20 org presidency became the Voice of the Global South to address critical energy issues, including a proposal for the African Union to attain permanent membership status within the G20.
New Delhi: Hon'ble Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Housing and Urban Affairs Sh. Hardeep Singh Puri chaired the Energy Ministers' session under the 2nd Voice of Global South Summit, today focusing on 'Affordable and Inclusive Energy Transition for Sustainable Development.
The 2nd Voice of Global South Summit, under the theme 'Global South: Together for Everyone’s Growth, Everyone’s Trust,' is committed to tackling the unique challenges faced by nations in the Global South. A united effort towards inclusivity, development, and trust.Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
In the Voice of Global South Summit, Ministers and deputy Ministers from 14 nations convened to pave the way towards a cleaner, greener, and sustainable future laying a strong emphasis on collaboration. India's G20 org presidency became the Voice of the Global South to address critical energy issues, including a proposal for the African Union to attain permanent membership status within the G20.
India’s broad diversification of its energy policy underscores its commitment to mitigate climate change while supporting national interests and meeting India’s energy demand.
Hon'ble Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Housing and Urban Affairs Sh. Hardeep Singh Puri invited Global South nations to join the Global Biofuels Alliance, a key initiative of India's G20 presidency. Aimed at bolstering cooperation for a cleaner, sustainable future.Read Also : 3 lakh CR annual defence production & Rs 50K crore exports expected by 2028-29: Rajnath Singh
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong