India and Saudi Arabia Sign Agreement in Energy Sector
The MoU between the Government of India and the Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was signed in New Delhi on 10th September.
New Delhi: India and Saudi Arabia have signed a Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in the field of energy. The MoU between the Government of India and the Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was signed in New Delhi on 10th September, 2023, by Union Minister for New & Renewable Energy and Power, Government of India, Shri R. K. Singh for the Indian side and Minister of Energy for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, His Royal Highness Abdulaziz bin Salman Al-Saud for the Saudi side.Read Also : Gas Conclave 2023: Assam Govt, Industry Leaders Gather to Discuss Future of Natural Gas
According to the MoU, India and Saudi Arabia will cooperate in the following areas:
Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, Hydrogen, Electricity and Grid Interconnection between the two countries, Petroleum, Natural Gas, Strategic Petroleum Reserves and Energy Security.
Encouraging bilateral investment in the field of Renewable Energy, Electricity, Hydrogen and Storage; and Oil & Gas.
Circular Economy and its technologies to reduce the effects of climate change, such as: carbon capture, utilization and storage.
Promoting digital transformation, innovation and cyber-security and artificial intelligence in the field of Energy.Working on developing qualitative partnerships between the two countries to localize materials, products and services related to all sectors of energy, supply chains and its technologies.Read Also : REC Limited collaborates with SAI and AFI
Strengthening the cooperation with companies specialized in the field of energy.
Any other fields related to the energy field that the two countries agree upon.
The MoU will develop a stronger partnership between India and Saudi Arabia in the field of energy. The MoU will support India’s efforts for energy transition and transformation of global energy system towards combating climate change.Read Also : NTPC to Upgrade Infra and Education in Arunachal Pradesh with MoAs with VKV Trust
News Must Read
- NLC India Signs Power Purchase Agreement with GRIDCO
- Coal Ministry, NTPC, and NML signs Deed of Adherence
- Yatish Kumar's first poetry collection 'Antas Ki Khurchan' received the 'Maithili Sharan Gupt Award'
- EIL signs MOU with Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi