India's President graced 34th convocation of Goa University
The President of India, Smt Droupadi Murmu graced and addressed the 34th convocation of Goa University at Raj Bhavan, Goa today (August 23, 2023).
Speaking on the occasion, the President said that technology and innovation play a major role in today's world. She was happy to note that Goa University is promoting innovation. She emphasised that developing world-class competence in areas such as Artificial Intelligence and Data Science in our higher educational institutions is essential. She was happy to note that the Goa University is running a program ‘Digital Integrated System for Holistic Teaching and Virtual Orientations’ in collaboration with the Directorate of Higher Education, Government of Goa.
The President noted that various schools have been formed in the campus of Goa University to encourage interdisciplinary studies by integrating different departments. She praised Goa University for this initiative which is in line with the National Education Policy and said that this University has immense potential to become a centre of excellence for education, research and innovation.Read Also : NSIC organises 2nd India-Taiwan SME Cooperation Forum
The President was happy to note that the Goa University has adopted five villages under the 'Unnat Bharat Abhiyan' where mussels and mushrooms are being cultivated by adopting the sustainability model. She appreciated the team of the Goa University for inculcating sensitivity about social inclusion and environmental balance among the students.Read Also : REC signs loan agreement with RUMSL
Addressing the students, the President said that convocation is a memorable moment in their life. She added that the degrees they have earned will help them get employment or start business but one quality that can take them far ahead in life is the courage to never give up. She stressed that education is a lifelong process. A continuous learner will be able to seize opportunities as well as meet challenges in life. She said that today's youth will build a developed India in the 'Sankalp Kaal'. She expressed confidence that they will fulfill the dream of taking India towards greater prosperity.
Read Also : Day 2 at CPSEs Roundtable & Exhibition 2023: CVO visited GAIL stall
News Must Read
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi
- NGEL Ties up with Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port for Green Hydrogen Hub
- PFC shares ATF's new report to help in climate initiatives
- The Most Talked Thing about Dwarka Expressway
- Minister Hardeep S Puri to flag off 1st Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus