Indian Coast Guard conducts ICC 2023
The campaign was also dedicated to the ongoing efforts of Government for the ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’.
New Delhi: The Indian Coast Guard conducted International Coastal Clean-up Day – 2023 (ICC-2023) across all Coastal States and Union Territories on 16 Sep 2023.
The International Coastal Clean-up day is held worldwide on the third Saturday of September every year under the aegis of United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and South Asia Co-operative Environment Programme (SACEP) in the South Asian Region. The Indian Coast Guard has been coordinating this activity in India since 2006.Read Also : NSIC organises 2nd India-Taiwan SME Cooperation Forum
The campaign was also dedicated to the ongoing efforts of Government for the ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ and Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s clarion call for mass cleanliness and sanitation campaign, through “Swachhta Hi Seva”.Read Also : REC signs loan agreement with RUMSL
This year, Maharashtra witnessed the highest participation of 11,425 volunteers followed by Tamil Nadu which had 5,166 volunteers. Nationwide, a total of 25,245 volunteers participated in the ICC-2023 campaign.
Various civil agencies, Central and State government organizations, Municipal Corporations, NGOs, fisheries associations, ports, oil agencies and other private enterprises participated in the campaign with zeal.
Huge participation by enthusiastic NCC cadets, NSS, school and college students highlighted the level of awareness among young generation and their commitment for clean beaches.Read Also : Day 2 at CPSEs Roundtable & Exhibition 2023: CVO visited GAIL stall
News Must Read
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi
- NGEL Ties up with Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port for Green Hydrogen Hub
- PFC shares ATF's new report to help in climate initiatives
- The Most Talked Thing about Dwarka Expressway
- Minister Hardeep S Puri to flag off 1st Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus