India's Mineral Production Goes up by 12.3% in August 2023
At the same time, the cumulative growth for the period April- August, 2023-24 over the corresponding period of the previous year is 8.3 per cent.
New Delhi: As per the provisional data of Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM), the index of mineral production of mining and quarrying sector for the month of August, 2023 (Base: 2011-12=100) at 111.9, is 12.3 % higher as compared to the level in the month of August, 2022. At the same time, the cumulative growth for the period April- August, 2023-24 over the corresponding period of the previous year is 8.3 per cent.
Read Also : GRSE Hosts First-Ever National-Level QCC Competition for Defence PSUs
Production level of important minerals in August, 2023 were: Coal 684 lakh tonne, Lignite 28 lakh tonne, Natural gas (utilized) 3110 million cu. m., Petroleum (crude) 25 lakh tonne, Bauxite 1428 thousand tonne, Chromite 148 thousand tonne, Copper conc. 10 thousand tonne , Gold 113 kg, Iron ore 181 lakh tonne, Lead conc. 30 thousand tonne, Manganese ore 233 thousand tonne, Zinc conc. 132 thousand tonne, Limestone 365 lakh tonne, Phosphorite 107 thousand tonne, and Magnesite 10 thousand tonne,Read Also : IOCL ranks top Indian Corporate in Bloomberg NEF Global Rankings 2023
Important minerals showing positive growth during August, 2023 over August, 2022 include: Gold (46.8%), Phosphorite (40.7%), Manganese Ore (36.9%), Copper Conc.(18.9%), Coal (17.8%), Iron Ore (14.9%), Limestone(13.8%), Natural gas (U) (9.9%), Magnesite (4.5%), Petroleum(crude) (2.1%), Chromite (1.4%) and other important minerals showing negative growth include: Bauxite (-1.5%), Zinc Conc.(-4.1%), Lignite(-5.4%) and Lead Conc.(-15.1%)
News Must Read
- GAIL's 3 GSRTC Diesel buses converted to LNG: Read More
- HPCL’s first 100 MW mega solar project at Galiveedu
- IREDA IPO Listing Day; Receives Strong Investors Response
- BPCL Dividend of Rs 21 per Share for FY24
- Defence Ministry inks Rs 2956.89 Cr contract with BHEL
- Rajnath Singh Unveils India's Latest Stealth Destroyer 'Imphal'
- Power Minister inspects 2000 MW Subansiri Lower Hydroelectric Project
- Coal India expects to increase e-auction volume twice in H2 FY2024
- Missile stealth destroyers 'Imphal' built by MDL to be Unveiled tomorrow
- HDFC Bank Appoints Two New Faces Onboard