ISRO launches GSLV NVS-01 mission
This Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) mission is designed to deploy the NVS-01 navigation satellite, weighing about 2232 kg, into a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit.
New Delhi: On Monday, May 29 Indian Space Research Organisation successfully launched the GSLV-F12/NVS-01 mission which was scheduled for today at 10:42 am IST from the second launch pad at SDSC-SHAR, Sriharikota.
This Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) mission is designed to deploy the NVS-01 navigation satellite, weighing about 2232 kg, into a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit.Read Also : Coal India organises workshop on Reform of Coal Mine closure
Subsequent orbit-raising maneuvers will be used for taking the satellite to the intended orbit.
NVS-01 is the first of the second-generation satellites envisaged for the Navigation with Indian Constellation (NavIC) services.
NVS series of satellites will sustain and augment the NavIC with enhanced features. This series incorporates L1 band signals additionally to widen the services. For the first time, an indigenous atomic clock will be flown in NVS-01.Read Also : Green initiatives in construction sector will lead PM's vision to make country carbon neutral by 2070: Nitin Gadkari
The GSLV-F12 is the 15th flight of India’s GSLV and the 9th flight with an indigenous cryogenic stage. This is the 6th operational flight of a GSLV with an indigenous cryogenic stage. The configuration of GSLV-F12 payload fairing is 4 m dia ogive version, according to the details provided by ISRO.Read Also : NLC India Signs Power Purchase Agreement with GRIDCO
News Must Read
- NLC India Signs Power Purchase Agreement with GRIDCO
- Coal Ministry, NTPC, and NML signs Deed of Adherence
- Yatish Kumar's first poetry collection 'Antas Ki Khurchan' received the 'Maithili Sharan Gupt Award'
- EIL signs MOU with Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi