L&T secures project to construct a bridge across Brahmaputra
The project is highlighted with the construction of a 3.6km long cable-stayed bridge segment along with a 5.61km run on the Sualkuchi side including a wetlands approach via ducts.
The Chennai headquartered Indian multinational conglomerate Larsen and Toubro Limited has reported that its construction's transportation infrastructure business arm has bagged an order for constructing the Palashbari to Sualkuchi Cable Stayed Bridge across the river Brahmaputra in Assam.
The order has been received from the Public Works Roads Department of Assam and is subject to the construction of a 12.21 km long bridge connecting Palashbari and Sualkuchi directly. The bridge holds immense importance as it facilitates connectivity between these two towns.Read Also : THDCIL conferred with prestigious 1st Prize for ‘Advancement in Green Mobility
The project is highlighted with the construction of a 3.6km long cable-stayed bridge segment along with a 5.61km run on the Sualkuchi side including a wetlands approach via ducts. The distance between the cable-stayed portion will be around 165 meters.
The bridge will also establish a direct link to the Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport [GAU] in Assam. The company is already engaged in executing the Dhubri Phulbari Bridge Project for the National Highway Infrastructure Development Corporation [NHIDCL] alongside various other infrastructure projects in Assam.
Read Also : MECL Drills Past Remarkable Milestone, Surpasses 3 Lakh Meters of Exploratory Drilling
Along with domestic courtesy, the company is taking its footprints in the international domain also as well, where the company has bagged an order in Saudi Arabia for turnkey construction of a 380kV substation. In addition to this, the company has also won the bid to establish a 75MW floating solar PV plant on the Panchet Dam.Read Also : HPCL and Birmingham University join hands
News Must Read
- Cyber Frauds: Kotak Mahindra Employees arrested for opening 2,000 fraudulent accounts
- Grid India Wins Rs. 272.68 Cr NBCC E-Auction for 61,000 Sqft in Ayurvigyan Nagar
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention