NGEL, Chidambaranar Port to Collaborate to Develop Green Hydrogen Hub
NTPC is India’s largest Power Utility with core business of power generation having a total installed capacity of 73+ GW.
Mumbai: NTPC Green Energy Limited (NGEL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of NTPC Limited, has signed an MoU with V.O Chidambaranar Port Authority (VOCPA) on 8th Sept 2023 for the development of a Green Hydrogen Hub at VOCPA, Tuticorin in Tamil Nadu.
The MoU was signed by Shri V V Sivakumar, GM (NGEL), and Shri V Suresh Babu, CME (VOCPA) in the presence of Shri Bimal Kumar Jha, Dy. Chairman and Chairman (I/c) (VOCPA) and other senior officials.Read Also : Advisor to PM Sh. Tarun Kapoor, Conducts Comprehensive Review at NTPC North Karanpura
The MoU envisages collaboration between NGEL and VOCPA to develop Green Hydrogen Hub for production of Green Hydrogen and its derivatives, such as Green Ammonia and Green Methanol, on the land provided by VOCPA for export and domestic usage.
This comes in the backdrop of NTPC’s Green Hydrogen initiatives and announcement by Shri Sarbananda Sonowal, Hon’ble Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways for development of V.O.C port, Paradip port (Odisha) and Deendayal port (Gujarat) as Hydrogen Hubs.
NTPC is India’s largest Power Utility with core business of power generation having a total installed capacity of 73+ GW. As part of increasing its RE portfolio, a wholly-owned subsidiary NGEL has been formed to take up Renewable Energy Parks and Projects including businesses in the area of Green Hydrogen, Energy Storage Technologies, and Round-the-Clock RE Power.Read Also : THDCIL sign MoU for Water Sports High Performance Academy at Tehri
NTPC Group has a plan of 60 GW of RE capacity by the year 2032 and currently working on a pipeline of 20+ GW, out of which over 3 GW is operational capacity.
VOCPA is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (MOPSW), GOI. It has been identified by MOPSW to be developed as a Green Hydrogen/Green Ammonia Refuelling Hub for Green Shipping. MNRE has also identified VOCPA as the nodal Port in the East Coast for the development of Port infrastructure & logistics development for Offshore Wind, Green Hydrogen Projects on a large scale.Read Also : RITES Mukta Mitra wins 'Emerging Metro Woman of the Year' award
News Must Read
- THDCIL sign MoU for Water Sports High Performance Academy at Tehri
- NECC bags order from GAIL, Worth Rs.52 crore
- NHPC awards 3,000 MW solar projects to 8 bidders
- Oil giants NRL and OIL pump Rs 1 Cr & Rs 5 Cr into Assam's Plantation Drive
- BHEL wins Governance Now PSU IT Awards 2023
- BEML adjudged winner for CSR Leadership Award 2023
- Defence Ministry collaborates with ISB for scholarship to ex-servicemen
- Dahej Expansion Project Takes Flight with Bhumi Pujan Ceremony at Petronet LNG Limited
- Rajahmundry Airport: Gateway to Andhra's Heritage
- CDS Inaugurates HAL’s Avionics Expo 2023 in Delhi, Hails HAL’s Commitment towards Atmanirbharta