NHPC awards 3,000 MW solar projects to 8 bidders
NHPC received competitive bids, with a discovered tariff of Rs. 2.52 per unit for 250 MW and Rs. 2.53 per unit for the remaining 2,750 MW.
New Delhi: The Indian public sector hydropower company, NHPC awarded the Letters of Award (LOAs) on December 7, 2023, to eight successful bidders for the development of 3,000 MW of Inter-State Transmission system (ISTS)-connected solar power projects across India.
This significant project marks a major step forward in India's clean energy transition. NHPC received competitive bids, with a discovered tariff of Rs. 2.52 per unit for 250 MW and Rs. 2.53 per unit for the remaining 2,750 MW. This demonstrates the growing cost-competitiveness of solar energy and reinforces its potential to become a major source of power in India.
Read Also : NBCC Signs MoU with Telangana High Court
NHPC in its recently posted that, "Consequent to the successful conclusion of the bidding process, NHPC, which has been designated as a Renewable Energy Implementing Agency (REIA) by Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, has issued Letter of Award (LOA) on 07.12.2023 to Eight nos. of successful bidders for "Development of 3000 MW ISTS (Inter State Transmission system) connected solar power projects on anywhere in India basis".
Read Also : PM Modi inaugurates NBCC built Indian Institute of Skills, Kanpur
The discovered tariff in the said bidding process by NHPC was Rs. 2.52/unit for 250 MW and Rs. 2.53/unit for balance 2750 MW.Read Also : NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
News Must Read
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong
- Most awaited Gujarat's Signature Bridge: Read About its beauty
- NBCC to execute worth Rs 369 crore projects in UP, MP and Telangana
- CMD, IREDA Unveils Vision for Retail Division, Elevating Rooftop Solar
- PFC Forge Historic Partnership with Govt of Goa
- Government flows out Tender for Puri International Airport Construction
- Power Grid board approves Investment in two projects worth 655.75 crore
- SECL Makes History as First Coal Company to Procure Over Rs 10,000 Crore via GeM