Nitin Gadkari approves Rs 573 Cr projects for Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
The project stretch connects major tourist places namely Laknavaram lake & Bogotha Waterfalls, said Nitin Gadkari.
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari/ PTI Image
New Delhi: In a series of tweets Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari informed the Widening of the existing 2-lane road to 2 lanes with Paved shoulders from Hyderabad-Bhupalapatnam section of NH-163 in Mulugu district, Telangana has been approved at the total cost of Rs. 136.22 Crore.
He said the project stretch connects major tourist places namely Laknavaram lake & Bogotha Waterfalls. The development of this stretch will improve the interstate connectivity between Telangana and Chattishgarh. The Minister said Mulugu district is a Left Wing Extremism (LWE) affected district & the development of this stretch would help the Government to have control over LWE activities.
Shri Gadkari said Rehabilitation and Upgradation to 2/4 lane with paved shoulders on NH-167K including the approaches of the Iconic Bridge across river Krishna in Nagarkurnool district in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh has been approved at the total cost of Rs. 436.91 Crore on EPC mode.
He said the NH-167K would reduce the distance between Hyderabad/Kalwakurthy & important destinations like Tirupati, and Nandyala/ Chennai by about 80 Km as the traffic presently following NH-44 will take to NH-167K after completion.
He said Nandyala is an important trading center for agricultural products & forest products as it is nearer to Nallamala Forest. The sanctioned Iconic Bridge at Kollapur would be the Gateway for both States and helps promote tourism, he added.Read Also : BPCL adopts Innovative approach to Valorizing Bio-refinery Waste
News Must Read
- NMDC delayed commissioning of its newly demerged steel plant
- Power ‘Mini Ratna’ NHPC reports Net Profit up by 8% of Rs 3834 cr during FY23
- Salim G. Purushothaman assumed additional charge of CMD, BCL
- Union Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi inaugurates 1st Mining Start Up Summit at IIT Bombay
- MOIL double its digit production target in FY’24; Reports 250.59 cr profit in FY23
- ISRO launches GSLV NVS-01 mission
- WAPCOS and NLCIL's strategic collaboration for various development projects
- DMRC to monitor old buildings while carrying out tunnelling work
- PFC Q4 FY’23 Results: Clocked highest ever consolidated profit with 13% increase of Rs. 21,179 cr
- India gets its new Parliament House; PM Modi installed Sengol with Nandi