NLCIL awards contract to BHEL for Thermal Power Project at Odisha
The project will come up with latest pollution control equipment like FGD and SCR to meet out the MoEF guidelines.
New Delhi: NLC India Ltd has awarded the EPC contract to BHEL for setting up a Pit Head Green Field Thermal Power Project of 2,400 MW capacity (3 x 800 MW – Stage I) based on Ultra Super Critical Technology at Jharsuguda District in the Odisha State after inviting competitive tenders under ICB route.
EPC contract scope includes Engineering, Manufacturing, supply, Erection and commissioning of equipment such as boilers, turbine, generators, balance of plants, FGD and SCR for 3 X800 MW- 2400 MW Stage –I. The entire power of 2400 MW is tied up with the states of Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Kerala and Puducherry and PPAs already been executed.Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
For this Thermal Project, the coal linkage is available from 20 MTPA Talabira II& III OCP mines of NLCIL which is already operational from the year 2020 in Jharsuguda and Sambalpur District of Odisha.
The water required for the project is linked from Hirakud Reservoir. The power generated will be evacuated through ISTS and STU Network. The project will come up with latest pollution control equipment like FGD and SCR to meet out the MoEF guidelines.Read Also : NTPC Wins 23rd Inter CPSU Cricket Tournament
Boilers will be designed to suite the co firing of Bio mass as part of Green initiative in line with MoP guidelines along with Bio Mass handling systems.
The first unit of project is scheduled for commissioning in the FY 2028- 29. Being a Pit Head Thermal Project, the variable cost will be Competitive and NLC India, will be generating & providing low-cost power to its Beneficiaries.Read Also : 3 lakh CR annual defence production & Rs 50K crore exports expected by 2028-29: Rajnath Singh
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong