NMDC Adds First Gold Mine to its Extensive Mineral Portfolio with Mount Celia Gold Operation
State-owned Steel CPSE, NMDC Ltd, has been met with great anticipation and stands as a testament to the relentless dedication and commitment of NMDC in diversifying its mineral assets. NMDC Mount Celia Gold expands mineral portfolio; Becomes 1st Gold mine in its extensive portfolio
New Delhi: Shri Nagendra Nath Sinha, Secretary, Ministry of Steel, today unveiled a groundbreaking ceremony for the Mining operations at Mount Celia Gold Project located in Western Australia.
This initiative, undertaken by Legacy Iron Ore Limited, a subsidiary of the State-owned Steel CPSE, NMDC Ltd, has been met with great anticipation and stands as a testament to the relentless dedication and commitment of NMDC in diversifying its mineral assets.Read Also : IIM Lucknow Triumphs in NTPC Electron Regional Finals, Followed by IIT BHU and IIT Kanpur
What sets this moment apart is the establishment of the first gold mine in NMDC's extensive portfolio, signifying a remarkable accomplishment for the organization.
This groundbreaking event also represents the culmination of a rigorous process that involved securing all necessary statutory approvals and finalizing the mining contract with Bain Global Resources.Read Also : Air Marshal Praveen Keshav Vohra takes over as Senior Air Staff Officer of Western Air Command, IAF
It is worth mentioning that the surface and mine infrastructure works have progressed rapidly, setting the stage for ore mining to commence in the Blue Peter pits in the coming weeks. The first ore for processing at Paddington Gold Mine is scheduled for CYQ1, 2024, and it is poised to become a significant contributor to India's gold production landscape.
The Ministry of Steel is proud to share this remarkable milestone, as NMDC, a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) under the Ministry of Steel, continues to play a pivotal role in strengthening India's mining and mineral resources sector.Read Also : iDEX-DIO signs 300th contract for Defence Innovation
News Must Read
- CIL's November coal output jumps 11% to 65.97 million tonnes
- REC's CSR arm signs Rs 8 Crore agreement
- SJVN synchronizes Second Unit of Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project
- BCCL starts Commercial Operations of 5.0 MTPA Madhuband Washery
- GAIL's 3 GSRTC Diesel buses converted to LNG: Read More
- HPCL’s first 100 MW mega solar project at Galiveedu
- IREDA IPO Listing Day; Receives Strong Investors Response
- BPCL Dividend of Rs 21 per Share for FY24
- Defence Ministry inks Rs 2956.89 Cr contract with BHEL
- Rajnath Singh Unveils India's Latest Stealth Destroyer 'Imphal'