NPCI confirms UPI authorization in France, Indian tourists can pay in rupees now
National Payments Corporation of India has unveiled India’s unified payments interface to become active as per authorization to facilitate foreign payments in domestic currency, from now onwards.
New Delhi: NPCI International Payments Limited in partnership with Lyra, a French leader in securing e-commerce and proximity payments has announced the acceptance of the UPI payment mechanism in France initiating the transaction core with the iconic Eiffel Tower.
This would provide an easy and comforting seamless transaction facility for foreign tourist to book their tickets online using the UPI app making the payment process quick, easy, and hassle-free. Indian tourists now can make secure online transactions by simply using their UPI-powered apps to scan the QR code generated on the merchant website and easily initiate further payment.Read Also : Coal India signs JV Agreement with BHEL
While the Eiffel Tower is the first merchant to offer UPI payments in France, the facility would soon be extended to other merchants in the tourism and retail sector. This would stimulate Indian tourists in foreign countries to remotely book hotels, museum visits, etc. for their stay in France.
The collaboration of two countries in terms of transactions represents a major advancement and the promise of new business opportunities.
Read Also : NCL exceeds 125 million tonnes of coal production
The overall UPI app users are combined to be around 380 million who are using it as a payment method encouraging a significant mark in India, while in January alone, UPI recorded over 12.2 billion transactions, signifying its diversification and demand.Read Also : Coal India First Aid Competition 2024 ' concludes at WCL
News Must Read
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut