NTPC records 148% growth in coal production from captive mines
NTPC recorded a coal production of 23.2 million tonnes in FY23, witnessing a 65% growth against 14.02 million tonnes a year ago from its four operational coal mines.
Mumbai, May 02, 2023: NTPC Ltd., India’s largest integrated power producer has registered a growth of 148% in coal production from its captive mines as compared to production registered in April 2022. NTPC recorded 2.75 Million metric tonnes (MMT) of coal production during the month of April 2023 as compared to 1.11MMT recorded for the month of April 2022.
India’s largest power producer achieved the highest-ever monthly coal despatch of 2.95 MMT in April 2023, a 140% increase on coal despatch volumes of 1.23 MMT achieved in the month of April 2022.Read Also : Defence Ministry signs Rs 588 Cr contract for Digital Coast Guard project
NTPC recorded a coal production of 23.2 million tonnes in FY23, witnessing a 65% growth against 14.02 million tonnes a year ago from its four operational coal mines -NTPC Pakri-Barwadih (Jharkhand), NTPC Chatti Bariatu (Jharkhand), NTPC Dulanga (Odisha) and NTPC Talaipalli (Chhattisgarh).Read Also : IIT Roorkee Robotics Researchers working on Possible Deployment of Drones in SECL Coal Mines
The implementation of digitised initiatives by the coal mining teams has helped raising the bar in operational excellence in the mining operations. The improved processes have helped in enhancing safety in mining operations and has also led to the implementation of e-SMP, a digitalized safety management plan and a mobile app for safety, Sachetan.
NTPC Group installed capacity stands at 71,644MW.Read Also : PM Modi inaugurates ‘Uttarakhand Global Investors Summit 2023’
News Must Read
- NHPC awards 3,000 MW solar projects to 8 bidders
- Oil giants NRL and OIL pump Rs 1 Cr & Rs 5 Cr into Assam's Plantation Drive
- BHEL wins Governance Now PSU IT Awards 2023
- BEML adjudged winner for CSR Leadership Award 2023
- Defence Ministry collaborates with ISB for scholarship to ex-servicemen
- Dahej Expansion Project Takes Flight with Bhumi Pujan Ceremony at Petronet LNG Limited
- Rajahmundry Airport: Gateway to Andhra's Heritage
- CDS Inaugurates HAL’s Avionics Expo 2023 in Delhi, Hails HAL’s Commitment towards Atmanirbharta
- THDC India Limited and UJVNL's Joint Venture Secures 1719 MW Clean Energy Portfolio, Elevating Nation's Role in Net-Zero Emission Goals
- International Conference on Magnetic Materials and Applications (ICMAGMA-2023)