NTPC records 148% growth in coal production from captive mines
NTPC recorded a coal production of 23.2 million tonnes in FY23, witnessing a 65% growth against 14.02 million tonnes a year ago from its four operational coal mines.
Mumbai, May 02, 2023: NTPC Ltd., India’s largest integrated power producer has registered a growth of 148% in coal production from its captive mines as compared to production registered in April 2022. NTPC recorded 2.75 Million metric tonnes (MMT) of coal production during the month of April 2023 as compared to 1.11MMT recorded for the month of April 2022.
India’s largest power producer achieved the highest-ever monthly coal despatch of 2.95 MMT in April 2023, a 140% increase on coal despatch volumes of 1.23 MMT achieved in the month of April 2022.Read Also : Prerana Ladies Club organised CSR initiative
NTPC recorded a coal production of 23.2 million tonnes in FY23, witnessing a 65% growth against 14.02 million tonnes a year ago from its four operational coal mines -NTPC Pakri-Barwadih (Jharkhand), NTPC Chatti Bariatu (Jharkhand), NTPC Dulanga (Odisha) and NTPC Talaipalli (Chhattisgarh).Read Also : Lok Sabha speaker Om Birla gives away Lion’s Roar to Restore SDG awards
The implementation of digitised initiatives by the coal mining teams has helped raising the bar in operational excellence in the mining operations. The improved processes have helped in enhancing safety in mining operations and has also led to the implementation of e-SMP, a digitalized safety management plan and a mobile app for safety, Sachetan.
NTPC Group installed capacity stands at 71,644MW.Read Also : RBI issues initiatives to strengthen 1,514 Urban Co-operative Banks
News Must Read
- AI's Revolution: People disagree on how AI can change work life
- PM Modi to inaugurate first-ever National Training Conclave
- SECI and GRIDCO Odisha signed an agreement
- CIL Chairman Pramod Agarwal reviews WCL
- NHDC to construct 525 MW Pumped Storage Power Project to meet peak hour energy demand of MP
- Speeding up Hydro Power: CEA Fast-tracks Approval Mechanism for Pumped Storage Projects
- WhatsApp unveiled new feature called 'Channels'
- RBI not looking to withdraw 500 notes or re-introducing Rs 1,000 currency: Governor
- DRDO flight-tested ‘Agni Prime’ ballistic missile
- J&K Jaiswal Bridge over Chenab has been completed: Nitin Gadkari