NTPC records 148% growth in coal production from captive mines
NTPC recorded a coal production of 23.2 million tonnes in FY23, witnessing a 65% growth against 14.02 million tonnes a year ago from its four operational coal mines.
Mumbai, May 02, 2023: NTPC Ltd., India’s largest integrated power producer has registered a growth of 148% in coal production from its captive mines as compared to production registered in April 2022. NTPC recorded 2.75 Million metric tonnes (MMT) of coal production during the month of April 2023 as compared to 1.11MMT recorded for the month of April 2022.
India’s largest power producer achieved the highest-ever monthly coal despatch of 2.95 MMT in April 2023, a 140% increase on coal despatch volumes of 1.23 MMT achieved in the month of April 2022.Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
NTPC recorded a coal production of 23.2 million tonnes in FY23, witnessing a 65% growth against 14.02 million tonnes a year ago from its four operational coal mines -NTPC Pakri-Barwadih (Jharkhand), NTPC Chatti Bariatu (Jharkhand), NTPC Dulanga (Odisha) and NTPC Talaipalli (Chhattisgarh).Read Also : NTPC Wins 23rd Inter CPSU Cricket Tournament
The implementation of digitised initiatives by the coal mining teams has helped raising the bar in operational excellence in the mining operations. The improved processes have helped in enhancing safety in mining operations and has also led to the implementation of e-SMP, a digitalized safety management plan and a mobile app for safety, Sachetan.
NTPC Group installed capacity stands at 71,644MW.Read Also : 3 lakh CR annual defence production & Rs 50K crore exports expected by 2028-29: Rajnath Singh
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong