Ola backed startup AI Krutrim becomes India’s first unicorn in 2024
Ola founder Bhavish Aggarwal has announced that his artificial intelligence startup Krutrim has raised $50 million funding for a $1 billion valuation and becoming the first-ever unicorn to reach that level in India.
Krutrim, a large language model [LLM] has been trained on more than 2 trillion tokens which are known to be the sub-words used in conversations. While the AI platform is set to have two classifications. It was introduced last month and now Krutrim Pro is set to release this year, with advanced capabilities for problem-solving and task execution.
The word Krutrim means artificial in Sanskrit is in the process of developing data centers across the country and aims to create a supercomputer ecosystem for AI development in India.
Also, the company is planning to make a beta version of its eponymous chatbot which will be available to customers next month. Matrix Partners is one of the main investors in Aggarwal’s two other startups, Ola and Ola Electric.Read Also : Total Production Goes Up by 26% During the Current Fiscal Upto 26th February 2024
The substantial funding infusion will facilitate as a catalyst to accomplish the mission of commitment to building India’s first comprehensive AI computing stack. It aims to lead the charge in establishing transformative changes globally.
The AI computing project is able to understand 20 Indian Languages and can generate in 10 Indian Languages including Marathi, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, and Odiya among others. It will be a tool for cultural expression, rather than assimilation into a single global paradigm. It is proclaimed to be larger than even GPT-4 in Indic Language support.Read Also : Tips for Managing Teeth Sensitivity
News Must Read
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut