PFRDA notified the Point of Presence Regulations 2023
The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority [PFRDA] has notified the Point of Presence [PoP] Regulations 2023 with simplifying the registration process with the objective of ease of doing business and greater usage of digital mode.
As per the notification, banks and non-banks can act as PoPs to on-board NPS subscribers. This would require only single Registration for NPS, instead of multiple registrations earlier, and can operate with just one branch with wider digital presence. The timeline for disposing off applications has been reduced from 60 days to 30 days.
The simplification is in line with Union Budget 2023-24 announcement to review regulations to reduce the cost of compliance and enhance the ease of doing business. The Point of Presence are entities appointed by the PFRDA to provide services to all the citizens of India to open and operate their NPS accounts. The functions are performed through their network of branches called PoP service providers [POP-SPs]. The operations of these POP-SPs are coordinated and controlled by the POP.Read Also : Coal India signs JV Agreement with BHEL
Point of Presence shall appoint an auditor, as per the eligibility criteria prescribed by the Authority, with the approval of the Audit Committee or the Board. The audit report shall be placed before the Audit committee or the Board of the point of presence and shall be submitted to the Authority.
The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority Act was passed on 19th September 2013, and the same was modified on 1st February 2014. PFRDA is regulating NPS, subscribed by employees of the Government of India, State Governments, and by employees of private institutions/organizations and unorganized sectors.Read Also : NCL exceeds 125 million tonnes of coal production
News Must Read
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut