PM Modi to visit 3 temples in T.N ahead Ayodhya’s Pran Pratishtha ceremony
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to visit significant temples in Tamil Nadu on 20 and 21 January, ahead of Ram Mandir's inauguration in Ayodhya.
On 20th January, PM Modi will participate in programme at Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple in Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu and will listen to various scholars reciting verses from the Kamba Ramayanam in this temple.
In the programme, eight different traditional Mandalis will recite the Sanskrit, Awadhi, Kashmiri, Gurumukhi, Assamese, Bengali, Maithili, and Gujarati Ramkathas [the recounting episodes of Shri Rama’s return to Ayodhya]. In Sri Arulmigu Ramanathaswamy Temple, PM will also participate in Bhajan Sandhya, where multiple devotional songs will be sung at the temple complex in the evening.Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
On 21st January, PM will perform Darshan and Pooja at Kothandaramaswamy Temple, Dhanushkodi. Near that, PM will also visit Arichal Munai, which is said to be the place from where the Ram Setu was built.
The brief description of temples is as follows:
SRI RANGANATHASWAMY TEMPLE: The temple is one of the most ancient temple complexes in the country and finds mention in various ancient texts, including the Puranas and the Sangam era texts, located in Srirangam, Trichy. The main deity worshipped here is Sri Ranganatha Swamy, a reclining form of Lord Vishnu.Read Also : NTPC Wins 23rd Inter CPSU Cricket Tournament
SRI ARULMIGU RAMANATHASWAMY TEMPLE, RAMESHWARAM: The main deity worshipped in this temple is Sri Ramanathaswamy, which is a form of Lord Shiva. It is widely believed that the main lingam in this temple was installed and was worshipped by Lord Ram and Sita.
KOTHANDARAMASWAMY TEMPLE, DHANUSHKODI: The temple is dedicated to Sri Kothandarama Swamy. The name Kothandarama means Ram with a bow. It is located in a place called Dhanushkodi.Read Also : 3 lakh CR annual defence production & Rs 50K crore exports expected by 2028-29: Rajnath Singh
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong