Prime Minister dedicates MGR System at NTPC Lara
The coveted project will also be connected to Howrah- Mumbai main railway line, which can be utilized for transportation of coal to other parts of the country.
Ranchi; Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated the MGR (Merry-Go-Round) system from Talaipalli Coal Mine to NTPC Lara Super Thermal Power Station to the nation at a programme in Raigarh district of Chhattisgarh on September 14, 2023.
The 65-km-long electrified MGR System will play a key role in generation of low cost and reliable power from NTPC Lara, thus strengthening Energy Security of the country. The MGR system built at a cost of Rs 2071 crore will be utilised for delivery of low-cost, higher-grade coal from NTPC’s Talaipalli coal mine (Chhattisgarh)to 1600 (2x800) MW NTPC Lara Super Thermal Power Station in Chhattisgarh.Read Also : AAI conducts four-day-long Advanced Training Session
The coveted project will also be connected to Howrah- Mumbai main railway line, which can be utilized for transportation of coal to other parts of the country. Further, the existing transportation system which is delivering 20,000 tonnes of coal daily will reach up to 8 MMTPA(Million Metric Tonne Per annum) of coal transportation at its full capacity.
The MGR System will be a testimony to technological marvel in coal transportation from coal mines to power stations. With a 61-meter Girder Bridge over the existing railway line at Kotarlia, the newest MGR system will also have provision for crossing over of animals at several locations along the track. The MGR system also boasts of more than 200 bridges and culverts on its complete stretch.Read Also : NTPC Bongaigaon conducts mass pep talk
Read Also : Coal India organises workshop on Reform of Coal Mine closure
The occasion was graced by the presence of Shri T S Singh Deo, Hon’ble Deputy Chief Minister, Govt of Chhattisgarh, Smt. Renuka Singh Saruta, Hon’ble Union Minister of State of Tribal Affairs, Smt Gomati Sai, Hon’ble Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha), Raigarh, Shri Narayan Chandel, Leader of Opposition, Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly along with other dignitaries.
News Must Read
- NLC India Signs Power Purchase Agreement with GRIDCO
- Coal Ministry, NTPC, and NML signs Deed of Adherence
- Yatish Kumar's first poetry collection 'Antas Ki Khurchan' received the 'Maithili Sharan Gupt Award'
- EIL signs MOU with Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi