Railways earns Rs 95929.30 Crores from Freight loading during April-Oct 2023
Freight revenue of Rs. 14231.05 Crores has been achieved in Oct 2023 against Rs 13353.81 Cr freight earnings in Oct 2022, thereby showing an improvement of about 6.57% over the last year.
New Delhi: On cumulative basis from April –Oct 2023, freight loading of 887.25 MT was achieved by Indian Railways against last year’s loading of 855.64 MT, an improvement of approximate 31.61 MT over last year’s loading for the same period. Railways have earned Rs 95929.30 crore against Rs 92345.27 crore over the last year which is an improvement of approx Rs 3584.03 Crore as compared to the same period of the last year.
Read Also : GRSE Hosts First-Ever National-Level QCC Competition for Defence PSUs
During the month of October 2023, originating freight loading of 129.03 MT has been achieved against loading of 118.95 MT in October 2022, which is an improvement of approx 8.47% over the last year. Freight revenue of Rs. 14231.05 Crores has been achieved in Oct 2023 against Rs 13353.81 Cr freight earnings in Oct 2022, thereby showing an improvement of about 6.57% over the last year.Read Also : IOCL ranks top Indian Corporate in Bloomberg NEF Global Rankings 2023
IR achieved loading of 64.82 MT in Coal, 14.81 MT in Iron Ore, 5.74 MT in Pig Iron and Finished Steel, 6.32 MT in Cement (Excl. Clinker), 4.77 MT in Clinker, 3.62 MT in Foodgrains, 5.72 MT in Fertilizers, 4.35 MT in Mineral Oil, 7.15 MT in Containers and 8.55 MT in Balance Other Goods during October, 2023.
Following the Mantra, “Hungry For Cargo”, IR has made sustained efforts to improve the ease of doing business as well as improve the service delivery at competitive prices. The customer centric approach and work of Business Development Units backed up by agile policy making helped Railways towards this significant achievement.Read Also : THDC lowers Main Inlet Valve of Second Unit in1000 MW Tehri Pumped Storage Project
News Must Read
- GAIL's 3 GSRTC Diesel buses converted to LNG: Read More
- HPCL’s first 100 MW mega solar project at Galiveedu
- IREDA IPO Listing Day; Receives Strong Investors Response
- BPCL Dividend of Rs 21 per Share for FY24
- Defence Ministry inks Rs 2956.89 Cr contract with BHEL
- Rajnath Singh Unveils India's Latest Stealth Destroyer 'Imphal'
- Power Minister inspects 2000 MW Subansiri Lower Hydroelectric Project
- Coal India expects to increase e-auction volume twice in H2 FY2024
- Missile stealth destroyers 'Imphal' built by MDL to be Unveiled tomorrow
- HDFC Bank Appoints Two New Faces Onboard