Railways to offer 55% concession to train passengers
Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw has affirmed the 55% concessions for every traveling train passenger, regarding demands to restore pre-Covid fare concessions for senior citizens and media persons.
The Indian Railways ministry has decided to offer 55% concession on train fares to every train passengers as before Covid-19 lockdown was imposed in March 2020, the Railways had offered 50% concession on train fares to senior citizens and government-accredited journalists.
Earlier, responding to an RTI application filed by Madhya Pradesh-based Chandra Shekhar Gaur, the Indian Railways said that it earned about Rs 2,242 crore from approximately 15 crore senior citizens in the financial year 2022-23.Read Also : THDCIL conferred with prestigious 1st Prize for ‘Advancement in Green Mobility
Railway operations were completely shut down during the lockdown but when its full-fledged resumption in June 2022, the Railway Ministry didn’t restore these concessions and since then the issue has been raised on various platforms, including in both houses of parliament.
The passengers, who are eligible to avail these concessions, should be from any of these categories-physically challenged, patients, senior citizens, award recipients, war widows, students, youths, kisans, artists, sportsperson, medical professionals, delegates attending conferences and persons with low income.Read Also : MECL Drills Past Remarkable Milestone, Surpasses 3 Lakh Meters of Exploratory Drilling
News Must Read
- Cyber Frauds: Kotak Mahindra Employees arrested for opening 2,000 fraudulent accounts
- Grid India Wins Rs. 272.68 Cr NBCC E-Auction for 61,000 Sqft in Ayurvigyan Nagar
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention