Rajahmundry Airport: Gateway to Andhra's Heritage
Rajahmundry Airport is poised to become a vital gateway to Andhra Pradesh's rich cultural tapestry.
New Delhi: Get ready to witness a new chapter in Andhra Pradesh's aviation history as the Bhoomi Pujan ceremony for the new terminal building at Rajahmundry Airport approaches. This exciting development promises to unlock the region's rich legacy and propel its growth to new heights.
Nestled amidst the vibrant landscape of Madhurapudi, just 18 kilometres north of Rajahmundry, the airport boasts a rich heritage dating back to the British era. Spread across a sprawling 366 acres, it served as a vital transportation hub for Vayudoot during 1985-1994 and continues to support crucial operations for ONGC and government agencies.Read Also : NBCC Signs MoU with Telangana High Court
Committed to modernizing this critical infrastructure, the Andhra Pradesh government joined forces with the Airports Authority of India (AAI) in 2007, signing a significant MoU worth Rs 23 crore. This partnership paved the way for a new passenger terminal capable of accommodating 150 passengers, along with a modern control tower. Completed in 2011 for Rs 38 crore, this expansion marked a pivotal moment for Rajahmundry Airport.Read Also : PM Modi inaugurates NBCC built Indian Institute of Skills, Kanpur
But the AAI's ambitions don't stop there. Recognizing the airport's immense potential, they're undertaking a substantial runway extension project. By increasing the existing runway from 1,749 meters to 3,125 meters, the airport will be able to accommodate larger aircraft, such as the Airbus A320 and A321, opening doors to new possibilities and connections.
This project, requiring the acquisition of approximately 800 acres, signifies a significant leap forward for the region. Currently, airlines operate smaller ATR-72 and Q-400 aircraft due to runway limitations. However, the expansion will unlock the airport's true potential, fostering economic growth and tourism in the region.
Rajahmundry Airport is poised to become a vital gateway to Andhra Pradesh's rich cultural tapestry. With its upgraded infrastructure and increased capacity, it will not only serve as a convenient transportation hub but also act as a platform to showcase the state's vibrant heritage and unique offerings to the world.Read Also : NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
News Must Read
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong
- Most awaited Gujarat's Signature Bridge: Read About its beauty
- NBCC to execute worth Rs 369 crore projects in UP, MP and Telangana
- CMD, IREDA Unveils Vision for Retail Division, Elevating Rooftop Solar
- PFC Forge Historic Partnership with Govt of Goa
- Government flows out Tender for Puri International Airport Construction
- Power Grid board approves Investment in two projects worth 655.75 crore
- SECL Makes History as First Coal Company to Procure Over Rs 10,000 Crore via GeM