REC CMD flags off first fleet of Electric vehicles; targets 100% EVs by 2024-25
REC Chairman and Managing Director also inaugurated Fast Charging Station powered by Green Power.
Gurgaon: In a transition to EV mobility, Shri Vivek Kumar Dewangan, Chairman & Managing Director (CMD), REC Limited flagged off the first fleet of Electric Vehicles (EV) on Thursday at REC World Headquarters, Gurgaon.
In a path towards a green future, REC Ltd has set a target of replacement of all conventional staff vehicles by electric vehicles by 2024-25.
REC CMD also inaugurated a fast charging station which is powered by a rooftop 1 MW (approx.) solar plant and therefore, EV fleet will run on green power contributing to zero pollution.
Read Also : Prerana Ladies Club organised CSR initiative
The inauguration of REC Control Room was also done by Shri Dewangan, which is a single point service provider for all the requirements of REC employees. It shall act as a coordination point among different departments for the employees of the corporation minimizing employees’ efforts and at the same time maximizing outputs.
The seamless services would be rendered in this one-stop solution point in paperless form to manage transportation, health, general maintenance, administration along with other issues.Read Also : Lok Sabha speaker Om Birla gives away Lion’s Roar to Restore SDG awards
On this occasion, Shri Ajoy Choudhury, Director (Finance); Shri V. K. Singh, Director (Technical) and Shri T. S. C. Bosh, Executive Director (HR/Administration) and other senior officers of the corporation were also present.
About REC Limited:
REC Limited is an NBFC focusing on Power Sector Financing and Development across India. Established in 1969, REC Limited has completed over fifty years in the area of its operations. It provides financial assistance to complete power sector value chain; for various types of projects including Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Renewable Energy. REC’s funding illuminates every fourth bulb in India.Read Also : RBI issues initiatives to strengthen 1,514 Urban Co-operative Banks
News Must Read
- AI's Revolution: People disagree on how AI can change work life
- PM Modi to inaugurate first-ever National Training Conclave
- SECI and GRIDCO Odisha signed an agreement
- CIL Chairman Pramod Agarwal reviews WCL
- NHDC to construct 525 MW Pumped Storage Power Project to meet peak hour energy demand of MP
- Speeding up Hydro Power: CEA Fast-tracks Approval Mechanism for Pumped Storage Projects
- WhatsApp unveiled new feature called 'Channels'
- RBI not looking to withdraw 500 notes or re-introducing Rs 1,000 currency: Governor
- DRDO flight-tested ‘Agni Prime’ ballistic missile
- J&K Jaiswal Bridge over Chenab has been completed: Nitin Gadkari